Effective Date: August 3, 2023
Nixon and its affiliate companies (collectively, "Nixon" "Our" "We" and "Us") care deeply about Our customers ("You"or"Your"),including Your concerns over the protection and use of Your Personal Information and purchasing data (together"Data").
Set forth below is Nixon's Privacy Notice (hereafter "Policy") that applies to the specific Data collected and used by Nixon. This Policy describes the types of Data We collect, how We collect it, how We use it, retain it, and who We share it with. By visiting Nixon.com and other Nixon websites (collectively "Sites”) or sharing with Us information as described above, You agree to the terms described in this Policy. If You do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use any of Our Sites or provide Us with Your Data. Alternatively, You may opt-out of certain Data collection as detailed below.
Please note that Our Sites may contain links to other third-party websites. Our Policy does not apply to the practices of other websites, and Nixon is not responsible for the actions, content, and privacy policies of third parties. We encourage You to read the privacy policies of each website that You visit.
If You have questions about this Policy, You may contact us.
Please also see our Terms & Conditions.
How do we collect data
Nixon collects Data from You or Your authorized representative through the following:
(a) Our Sites or social media channels, (b) via telephone, email, text message, or chat; (c) Our events; or (d) by signing up to receive the Nixon Newsletter. We may also collect Data from Our service providers and other third parties with Your consent.What types of data do We collect
Nixon may collect and disclose the following information:
- Identifiers such as real name, phone numbers, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers;
- Any personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal Law such as age, gender, etc.;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website application or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- professional and employment-related information,
- Inferences drawn from other information.
- Sensitive Personal Information
How to manage cookies?
Types of Cookies Used By Nixon:
- Session cookies
These cookies are temporary and expire once You leave the Site. Examples of Session cookies' functions are to identify a specific language/locale, initially based on geography, but then by user choice, and to enable You to browse Our Sites and use Our features (e.g., add items to Shopping Cart).
- Permanent cookies
These cookies may stay on Your computer after an individual Site session has ended and may hold such data as login details, contact information and account numbers so that You do not have to re-type them every time You visit Our Sites.
- First-party cookies
These are cookies issued by Our Site. They serve to give memory to the website about Your data and preferences.
- Third-Party cookies
There are several third-party cookies that get loaded when using Our Sites. Cookies from social media, advertising, and analytics are the primary cookies that load.
Why do We collect, and how do We use the data
We collect Data to achieve Our objectives of bringing the best products and user experience to Our customers. This includes collecting data for the following purposes:
- to aid in the fulfillment and execution of Your purchases;
- to address customer questions and improve overall customer service;
- to send You updates and Information on Nixon's products and related Information about Our Company;
- to improve the performance of Our Sites, including making them more user-friendly and personalized by delivering the type of content and product offering in which You may be most interested;
- to run a promotion, contest, or survey;
- to help detect and protect against consumer fraud and abuse;
- to enable our third-party partners to carry out necessary technical and logistical functions and tasks on Our behalf;
- if applicable, to respond to any government or regulatory request, such as in response to a court order, when required by law, or to protect Our or others' rights, property and/or safety; to prevent the commission of any crime, or violation of Our terms and conditions;
- to defend against third-party claims.
- to assist in the effectiveness of direct mailing campaigns to Nixon's customers.
- to send you a cart reminder via SMS when you have abandoned a cart.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
To operate Our business, third parties (e.g., credit card companies, shipping companies, customer service providers, personalization tools vendors, survey companies, catalog data processing companies, and others) may process Your Data. We also may share or trade encrypted Data to specific third parties who process such Data to better service our customers.
The Data that We collect, including information about any purchase orders and purchase history, may be used to make Our future marketing efforts more efficient. This Data may also be shared with Our third-party partners who assist Us with Our marketing and advertising efforts, including Our text messaging originator with your opt-in consent. We may also share Data with other marketers whose products or services We feel may be of interest to You. You have the right to request that We cease contacting you for marketing purposes. If you prefer that We do not share your Data with other marketers, please contact us.
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Notice to California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents may have the right to request through a verifiable consumer request, that a business disclose certain information. Once We receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, We may disclose:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
A California resident has the right through a verifiable consumer request that We delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If the information maintained about you falls into one or more exceptions, We may not be able to delete certain information.
A California resident has the right to request through a verifiable consumer request that We correct inaccurate personal information, subject to certain exceptions and the nature of the personal information.
A California resident has the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights under the CCPA.
To send us a verifiable consumer request for Information, California residents should include their full name, address, date of birth, account number if applicable, and any other information in order to make a verifiable request by contacting us or by calling (888) 455-9200.
A California resident can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA by sending us a notarized power of attorney. You must verify your identity and provide authorization to speak with your authorized agent. You must describe your request with sufficient detail to enable us to respond to your request.
Notice to European Union Citizens
Nixon would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Users are entitled to the following:
- The Right to access – You have the right to request from Us, copies of your personal Data.
- The Right to rectification – You have the right to request that We correct information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that We complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to erasure – You have the right to request that We erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to data portability – You have the right to request that We transfer the Data We have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, We have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. If You have questions about this Policy, You may contact our Data Protection Officer, using the contact information at the bottom of this Policy. Should you wish to report a complaint or feel that We have not addressed Your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Notice to Canadian Citizens
You can, at any time, contact us to review, correct, update or otherwise modify the personal information We have for you. In each such case, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or clearly indicate that you wish to have your personal information removed from our database. If you successfully demonstrate that the personal information We have for you is inaccurate or incomplete, We will amend our records of your personal information as required. If You wish to make a request, please contact us.
Note that even though you may make a request for a change to or removal of your personal information, We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. We may make commercially reasonable efforts to transmit any amended information to third parties having access to your personal information, where necessary under the circumstances.
Retention, Security and Transfer of Data
Retention of Data
Nixon retains your Personal Data for as long as You have an open and active account proﬁle with Us or as needed to provide You the services You requested. We will also retain and use Your Data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will also retain the minimum amount of Your Data necessary to maintain a record of Your opt-out, or withdrawal from opt-in, if You choose to opt-out of Our communications.
Security of Data
We maintain safeguards designed to protect Personal Data You provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Our Site is also in compliance with Payment Card Industry standards to create a secure environment for Our customers. We store personal information on a combination of secure third-party cloud-based servers and Our secured servers. Please note that electronic transmissions over the internet or electronic storage is not 100% secure, and We cannot guarantee its absolute security. If We learn of a breach of the Data that may impact You, We will alert You to this fact as expeditiously as possible.
Transfer of Data
We may transfer Data We collect from other countries to the United States and/or other countries in which the Data was originally collected. While those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which the Data was originally collected, when We transfer Data to other countries We will seek to protect that Data as described in this Policy.
Access to your data and your right to opt-out
Access and Corrections to Your Data
We believe it is important to provide consumers with clear information about the Data available in Our databases. You may request that We disclose, correct, or delete the information We obtain about You by contacting us.
We maintain contact lists to communicate electronically or otherwise with Our customers and those who visit Our Sites. Individuals must affirmatively ask to join one or more of Our contact lists by registering on Our Sites or through other means. All messages sent using these lists include an opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of future messages. You may also request to be removed from future messages by contacting us.
"Do Not Track" Feature on Web Browsers
Some web browsers may have a "do not track" feature that may allow You to tell websites that You do not want to have Your online activities tracked. Please refer to Your browser’s documentation for more information. Our Sites do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Sensitive Information / Use of Our Sites by Children
Do Not Provide Us With Sensitive Information
We ask that You not send or disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., Information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) to Us through Our Sites or otherwise.
In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, We will not knowingly collect any Data from children under the age of 13, and Our Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If You are under 13 years of age, please have Your parents enter their Data when personal information is required.
Changes to Policy
This Policy may be updated and/or revised from time-to-time in Nixon's sole discretion and without prior notice. Any significant changes to this Policy –specifically to Our collection and/or Use of Data – will be noticed on our Sites, or through other appropriate means. We also encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes.
Questions about the Policy
If You have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.